DSAS Mk2 Upgrade
DSAS Mk2 is a fully compliant, premium product designed for the user who requires a comprehensive solution for effectively managing security incidents. The unit is self-contained and consists of a compact, integrated Inmarsat/GPS transceiver, power management unit, back-up batteries and two alert activation points.
It is constructed using a tough polycarbonate enclosure which is, in turn, protected by a stainless steel casing. Installation is straightforward and, with the Pole Star SSAS Management System, security alert management is easy. In addition to our own SSAS hardware we support third party SSAS equipment from Thrane & Thrane, Furuno, JRC, Transas and others.
With no external antenna, the unit does not resemble typical Satcom equipment and is therefore likely to escape hijacker/terrorist attention. In the event that the DSAS Mk2 power cable is cut or the ship’s main power is down, the unit will remain functional for several days on back up batteries.
Contact us to upgrade your ship security alert system to the new DSAS Mk2 today
- Rugged polycarbonate case with marine-grade stainless steel cover
- Anti-tamper alerts
- Enhanced "traffic light" diagnostics
- Autonomous operation in the event of power failure (up to 5 days)
- Supported by the latest Inmarsat-4 satellite constellation
- Global Inmarsat coverage
- Power management system
- Monthly battery reports
- Operating temperature range -40 degrees to +85 degrees C
- Inmarsat IsatData Pro Type Approved
- Flag accepted
- Automatic commissioning
- Access the system on BlackBerry, Android and iOS devices with the Pole Star Alert application for alerts, polling and vessel positions
DSAS Mk2 is IEC 60945 type approved and, with respect to EMC testing, compliant with the revised 2 GHz frequency range (from 1GHz). It is also IACS certified by the following bodies, with all tests meeting or exceeding the requirements of the guidelines laid out in IACS Unified Requirement E10 and the relevant sections of IEC 60945:
- ABS - American Bureau of Shipping No. 12-LD859094-PDA
- BSH - Bundesamt Für Seeschiffahrt und Hydrographie Nr. BSH - 47151/20530/2012
- BV - Bureau Veritas No. 27931/AO BV
- CCS - China Classification Society No. LD55347072
- DNV - Det Norsk Veritas No. A-13105
- GL - Germanischer Lloyd No. 37 690 12 HH
- KR - Korean Register of Shipping No. LDN16492-AC003
- LR - Lloyds Register of Shipping No. 12/00028
- NKK - Nippon Kaiji Kyokai No. 12A012
- PRS - Polski Rejestr Statków No. TE/1925/883040/12
Flag Administration Acceptance
Administrations do not type approve ship security alert systems, nor do they endorse or recommend one system over another. However, the DSAS Mk2 ship security alert system has been stringently evaluated by the following major Administrations and accepted as a fully compliant system.