LRIT Conformance Testing
The Long Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT) regulation requires operators of ships regulated by SOLAS contracting governments and engaged on international voyages, including passenger ships, cargo ships over 300gt, and Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODUs), to provide a compliant terminal for the transmission of LRIT information.
Pole Star is the world leader in LRIT testing and, to date, has completed more than 40,000 LRIT tests on behalf of global ship operators. Pole Star is an Authorised Testing ASP for over 90 Flags and provides operators with a convenient, secure and easy-to-use web-based testing platform, allowing them to initiate a test and review its progress at any time.
Once tested, Pole Star is authorised to issue Conformance Test Reports (Certificates) on behalf of most Flags.
Why test with Pole Star?
- Specialist provider of maritime vessel tracking systems
- Authorised Service Provider (ASP) for 90 Flags
- Secure web-based system with easy-to-use interface for LRIT testing and review by ship operators
- Authorised to issue Conformance Test Reports on behalf of most Flags
- 24/7 operations support
- Initiate tests at a time convenient to your schedule
- Tests normally completed and results emailed within 48 hours
- Easy to understand error messages and suggested corrective action if a test fails
- Ship operators who test their LRIT terminals with Pole Star will be offered a free trial of our commercial Fleet Management service.